Being familiar with the SEO competition level in specific areas of business, in order to escalate positions towards the top rankings in search engine results pages, is one of the first conditions to keep in mind during the evaluation of the profitable traffic potential we can obtain with a new website. The Internet can offer a lot of strategic information regarding traffic volume within a specific sector, and the Return on Investment that can be expected from setting your business in motion in that market. Knowing the feasibility of ranking with your website in particular markets is the first step in an SEO project.
Would you like to know more about online competitive analysis?
The primary goal of an online competition analysis is to assess the traffic volume one particular search category of an industry can provide, make an estimation of ROI that can be obtained if we reach a certain percentage of said traffic, and the comparative strength of the website leading the current results. More specifically, this analysis of SEO competition enables us to:
- Research the approximate demand for a group of keywords in search engines for a specific market.
- Ponder on the strength of the leaders within a particular search category to evaluate time and resources needed to get higher rankings.
- Identify opportunities, threats, strengths and weaknesses the client could encounter given the present market and competition conditions.
- Evaluate whether it would be convenient to initiate parallel promotion strategies (SEM, SMO, viral content marketing…) if the rankings we attain are not attractive enough.
An SEO competition consultation consists in analysing the search volume registered by search engines in a specific market and its relation to a certain activity niche. This enables us to determine the maximum size of the market a website can aspire to conquer.
Henceforth, we evaluate the traffic share that is divided amongst the current leaders of this search category and the feasibility of attaining a sufficient market share for the online business to become profitable.
- Keyword research report through which we identify the client’s industry demand potential. We analyse long tail keywords, competition, most frequently used search patterns, niches of keywords that haven’t yet been covered, etc.
- Architecture recommendations for the website based on keywords and keyword combinations, establishing the ideal site map to compete within the field.
- SEO analysis of the ten main competitors for the group of the most relevant search terms.