What results can you expect from a local SEO campaign?
Local SEO campaigns follow rather different strategies from those of nationwide or international SEO campaigns, given their very specific location. In these cases we must use special tools and optimise content according to our local positioning goals.
Local SEO is also recommended for businesses that operate at domestic and international levels, but include location-specific sections of content on their websites. These can be, for example, chains of stores, restaurants, hotels; or franchises, car dealerships, etc.
The advantages of a local SEO campaign
Increasing the number of visitors from a particular location who are interested in your products or services
Would you like to know more about local SEO?
What is local SEO?
Local SEO is a content, product or service promotion strategy focussed on increasing the visibility of a website within a very limited geographic area. This strategy aspires to get traffic from a very specific location and its surroundings, however, this doesn’t mean we will stop receiving traffic from other locations. Search engines will show your website’s pages in the top results if your website’s content is optimised according to the way your target users from said location look for the products and services you offer. Moreover, your website must include clear geolocation details of the area where it’s based.
With the increased use of mobile devices, the importance of local positioning is ever-growing, because many searches related to certain product or service categories are carried out from smartphones or tablets while the user is on the move. The results of these searches are frequently influenced by that user’s immediate location, appearing at the top-most positions those websites which are closer to them. Your website must be:
- Indexable, that is, easily accessible by search engine bots.
- Pertinent, that is, its content must bear a clear relationship with the products and services related to their searches, as well as the target geolocation.
- Relevant, that is, its pages must be considered by search engines as “the best” possible results compared to your local competitors.
What is the goal of local SEO?
When a user enters a geographically influenced search query into a search engine, it returns a results page (SERP), ordered according to its relevance and proximity to the related location. Most users only check the results appearing on the first page. Moreover, with the introduction of Google Local in the organic results, the number of visible results related to a geolocated search query is even lower. For that reason, it is very important to maintain the highest possible rankings for geolocated search queries that your prospective customers or users could make. The goal of local SEO is to make your website appear among the first organic results and in Google Local for searches related to your products and the location of your business.
To make this happen, we primarily work on:
- Programming aspects: Is your code search-engine-friendly?
- Content: Is your content relevant for your users? Do you state the location of your business? Do you use their language, expressions and terms, or do you abuse corporate jargon?
- Popularity: Is your content popular on the Internet? Do you regularly create quality and original content? Do you promote or distribute it in any way?
- Google Local: Is your website optimised for Google Local?
How will Human Level help you to achieve this?
- Niche markets: We identify your local customers, who they are and what they’re like.
- Selection of keywords: We identify what keywords users enter in search engines to see content, products and services offered on your website.
- Indexability analysis: We analyse the code and server technology of your website to detect and eliminate obstacles, which might be making crawling your website difficult for search engines.
- Relevance analysis: We analyse your website’s architecture, structure of pages, and vocabulary, so that its content meets your prospective customers’ expectations and search habits.
- We boost your website’s popularity: Once we’ve optimised your website’s content, we boost its visibility all over the Internet, so that other websites belonging to the desired geographic area include links and references towards it. We study possible websites, local directories, Google Places, etc. that would be suitable for increasing your business’ popularity.
- Traffic analytics configuration: We set up an online analytics system that will allow you to track the results obtained in your geographic area, and detect improvement opportunities in terms of rankings, conversions, etc.